Published: May 11, 2020 | Updated: May 11, 2020
25 of the best! Top Dorset achievers named as finalists in 2020 Successful Womens Awards
Twenty five top achievers from Dorset are among more than 50 finalists in this year’s Successful Women Awards.
Despite the current challenging global situation, over 250 women from as far away as North America, London, the Midlands, as well as across the south west were nominated in the 11 categories.
They were announced online by the award sponsors via a YouTube premiere.
Now in their third year, the Successful Women Awards were set up to promote the positive impact on women of recognising and celebrating their successes and to demonstrate their impact on the wider community.
Gill Donnell MBE, Founder, said: “Our judging panel and sponsors scrutinised all of the applications and were inspired by this year’s fantastic success stories as well as humbled on reading about the obstacles and challenges that so many of these amazing women had overcome to create their dream businesses.
“The business world is full of hugely talented and successful women who not only run businesses, or work in demanding roles, but often also juggle caring responsibilities all year round.
“This year we heard from many women who were home schooling their children and caring for others, yet still putting in the hours to serve their clients and customers.”
The awards ceremony was due to take place on June 5 but Gill said: “As soon as it is safe to get together and celebrate the success of these phenomenal women, we will be there, however long it takes.
“We will see them on that podium.”
The Dorset finalists are:
- Business Mother – Hayley Millbank, Sarah Grant, Stacey Knowles & Tracy Kimberg
- Entrepreneur – Lee-Ann Johnstone & Sunny Bird
- High Business Growth – Louise Jones & Michelle Bartlett
- Independent Food & Drink – Bliss Foods, Chocami, Little Pickle Deli Café & Morrish & Banham Wine Merchants
- Innovation – Sunny Bird
- New Business – Caroline Measures, Louise O’Connell & Sunny Bird
- Professional Services – Alison Parsons, Blossom Chambers, Kimberley Davies, Lisa Pharaoh, Tracy Kimberg
- Public Speaking – Alexa Noble, Caroline Measures & Erin Thomas-Wong
- Reinvention – Annette Williams & Lesley Tindle
- Social Media – Caroline Saunders & Erin Thomas Wong
- Sustainability – Clare Meyer & Sarah Mills
The sponsors of the 2020 Successful Women Awards are:
Perceptions Marketing Solutions, Margo & Mya, D52Ltd The Business Toolkit, Fordington Gin, Tracey Rickard Web Design, Cameron Jones Financial Management, Humphries Kirk Solicitors, HJ Accounts Management, The Message Maestro, House of Colour Bournemouth and Willow Tree Life.