Published: September 17, 2021 | Updated: September 18, 2021
Biz Gallery: Coleman Marine Insurance attends its 16th consecutive Southampton Boat Show
Coleman Marine Insurance, a Gallagher company, back among friends
“It’s great to be back amongst clients, friends and contacts from across the boating world.”
The words of Steve Risk, pictured left, Managing Director, Coleman Marine Insurance, a Gallagher company.
He was speaking as the Poole-based specialist marine insurance broker attended its 16th consecutive Southampton International Boat Show.
Held for the 52nd time – and billed as Britain’s biggest festival of boating – the show opened on Friday September 10 and continues until Sunday September 19.
Reflections from the Dorset boating world on this year’s event included:
- Spencer Brown, Sunseeker Poole: “The flag is flying for Sunseeker at the Boat Show. It is great to have the freedom to sell our boats physically and mix openly with buyers, prospects and the public.”
- Richard Bates, Bates Wharf: “We have had an amazing year. It’s been an unexpected and fortunate consequence of Covid – it’s given us unprecedented business and future sales.”
- Russell Hayden, Salterns Brokerage: “We’ve brought a coach load of our berth holder customers to enjoy a great day out at the show!”
- Don Bissessar, Gibbs Quay Boat Sales: “It’s the first time I’ve seen so many visitors on the first day of the show.”
- Guy Adams, Wessex Marine: “Great to be back after a year off. Ultimately we enjoy showing off our products at the show. Proud of what we represent and it’s great for clients to be able to touch and feel our products.”
- Jack Trollope, Nautor’s Swan: “Lovely & busy right from the off. It’s great!”
Biz Gallery: 52nd Southampton International Boat Show. Pictures by Kate Shaw, KTPR