Published: November 14, 2019 | Updated: November 14, 2019
BU joins millions across the world to celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week for first time
Bournemouth University is celebrating Global Entrepreneurship Week for the first time with two ‘mega’ events.
Both are held on Tuesday November 19 at BU’s Talbot Campus.
Excellence in female entrepreneurship will be highlighted in a facilitated Q&A with women entrepreneurs across the world.
It will be live streamed across the internet.
Among the 16 women taking part are:
- Andrea Gamson – BU alumnus and Founder, CEO and Head of Learning at _SocialStarters, a women’s led social enterprise.
- Dawn Bebe – Co-founder and director of Crowdfunder.
- Mei Pan – Owner-Founder of Yobu.
- Georgina Hurcombe – BU alumnus and Founder/Producer of LoveLove Films.
- Sarah Ali Choudhury – multi award-winning Indian food expert and columnist hailed as ‘The Curry Queen’ by Forbes.
- Mairead Taylor – Director of Corporate and Commercial Banking in Dorset for NatWest.
The event, which will include networking, is from 1245 to 1615.
Later that day BU is hosting BH SOUP Loves Social Enterprises.
Four social enterprise projects are being given the chance to pitch for a pot of cash from community crowdfunders.
The event is held in partnership with BU’s Social Enterprise Forum, launched earlier this year.
Global Entrepreneurship Week takes place from November 18 to 24.
This year 10m people are expected to be involved in 35,000 events across more than 170 countries.
Sukanya Ayatakshi, Senior Academic in Entrepreneurship at Bournemouth University, said: “With our firm commitment to UN Sustainable Development Goals we, at BU, are very proud to be celebrating Global Entrepreneurship Week to call to action two major global objectives – gender equality in entrepreneurial activities and harnessing the power of enterprise to promote social goals through purpose-led socially sustainable enterprises.”