Published: July 4, 2022 | Updated: July 5, 2022
Closing date is extended for ‘biggest and best’ awards for BCP’s hospitality and tourism sector
Organisers of the biggest – and best – awards for Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole’s hospitality and tourism sector have extended the closing date.
Entries for the 2022 Destination Management Board Tourism Awards for BCP can now be submitted by midnight on Sunday July 10.
To date nearly 100 entries have been received for the 18 categories.
Tim Seward, Lead Delivery of the awards, said: “We’ve had a great response and are amazed at the number of entries we’ve received so far.
“A few people have asked for a slight extension so the awards will now close for applications a week later than originally planned.”
All categories are open but entries and nominations are particularly welcome in three categories:
- Team of the Year
- Rising Star Award
- The Tony Williams Young Innovator Award
Tim said: “The Team of the Year celebrates the achievements of teams who have been able to adapt and work effectively under the challenges posed during the last 18 months.
“The Rising Star Award recognises an individual, aged 25+ years, who has excelled in their role and deserves to be applauded for their work and commitment to the tourism industry.
“And The Tony Williams Young Innovator of the Year Award recognises an individual aged 16 to 25 years who has used exceptional vision to impact on the tourism industry in the BCP area.
“We’d really like to see more entries in these categories.”
The semi-finals will be held at Hoburne Christchurch on September 13 with the finals at the Pavilion Ballroom in Bournemouth on November 10.
Andy Brennan, pictured, is Creative Director and host for the awards.
The final will open with a 15-minute dance and music spectacular celebrating everything BCP.
An after party will be held at Revolution Bournemouth.
“It’s going to be quite something,” said Tim.
Main sponsor for this year’s awards is Yellow Buses.
The bus company celebrates its 120th anniversary in 2022.
Dorset Biz News is proud to be the official Media Partner for the awards while Hot Radio is the Radio Partner.
The 18 categories are:
- Large Hotel Award, sponsored by Cater-Elite
- Small Hotel Award, sponsored by Star Quality Hospitality
- Self-catering Award (including camping & holiday parks), sponsored by YMS – Youth Mobility Scheme
- Education Award, sponsored by Adventure Wonderland, Bournemouth
- Attraction of the Year Award, sponsored by The Coffee Bean Company
- Responsible, ethical and sustainable Tourism Award, sponsored by Waste Management Facilities
- Retail Experience Award, sponsored by Nativ
- Transport Delivery Award, sponsored by ChargeZone
- Night-time Experience Award, sponsored by Clockwork Marketing
- Eating Out Experience Award, sponsored by Harvest Fine Foods
- Cafe/Tearoom Award, sponsored by City Cruises
- Team of the Year Award, sponsored by Castlepoint
- Transformation & Innovation Award, sponsored by Trethowans
- Industry Support Award, sponsored by BCP Council Tourism
- Event of the Year, sponsored by Captain’s Club Hotel and Spa
- Business Tourism Award, sponsored by Holiday Inn, Bournemouth
- Rising Star Award, sponsored by Your First Aid Safety
- The Tony Williams Young Innovator Award, sponsored by Lynne Williams
To enter/nominate please go to dmb-tourismawards.co.uk