Published: June 27, 2021 | Updated: June 28, 2021
‘Fantastic Fifteen’ named as winners in first Dorchester and Poundbury Business Awards
Fifteen businesses and individuals were crowned winners at the first Dorchester and Poundbury Business Awards.
Organised by Marketing West, the lunchtime awards ceremony was held on June 24 at Minterne House near Dorchester, home of the Churchill and Digby families since 1620.
It was hosted by Rick Simmonds, pictured left.
Among the successes were Goldcrest Jewellers – winner of the Arts, Crafts and Artisans category and also Overall Business of the Year; Jurassic Meats (Customer/Client Service); Porter Dodson (Employer of the Year) and Key Digital (Innovation in Business).
Rosie Lees, Director of The Embroidery Barn, pictured right, was named Rising Star.
Entries for the awards were 80 per cent higher than expected with a split of roughly 50/50 between Dorchester and Poundbury.
Nigel Reeve, of Marketing West, said: “We originally planned the awards for April, but delayed until after the initial easing of restrictions in May.
“We strictly adhered to all guidelines with just 50 per cent capacity, so to reach as many as possible we streamed the awards live.
“Three things stand out.
“Firstly, entries were 80 per cent higher than expected.
“Secondly the awards had great support from the sponsors who made the event possible.
“Lastly and demand to attend the awards resulted in a waiting list.
“Not bad for our first year.”
The full list of categories and winners were:
- Arts, Crafts and Artisans: Goldcrest Jewellers
- Café/Pub/Hospitality: Bean on The Green
- Community Support: The Thimble Inn
- Customer/Client Service: Jurassic Meats
- Employer of The Year: Porter Dodson
- Green Business: Medusa Apothecary
- Health, Beauty and Fitness: Spike Fitness
- Independent Business: Bonjour Café
- Innovation in Business: Key Digital
- Mental Health in the Workplace: RiskSTOP
- New Business of the Year: The Soap Coach
- Retail Business Award: The Dorset Wine Company
- Rising Star: Rosie Lees
- Service Provider: MeraKi Poundbury
- SME Business of the Year: Rebuild Cost Assessment
- Overall Business of the Year: Goldcrest Jewellers
The sponsors were: