Not for Profit
Published: April 16, 2020 | Updated: April 16, 2020
Take the LiveWell Dorset Five Ways Challenge and help your mental and emotional wellbeing
More than 1,500 people have signed up for a free challenge aimed at helping participants with their mental and emotional wellbeing.
LiveWell’s Five Ways Challenge provides a simple framework for people to look after their health and wellbeing.
It encourages participants to find new ways to:
- Connect with others virtually
- Take notice of the present moment
- Maintain daily physical activity
- Learn new skills
- Give to others.
Topics include tips for mental and emotional wellbeing including links to local and national resources such as Dorset Mind and Public Health England’s Every Mind Matters toolkit.
The campaign includes advice to help children, families, adults, seniors and people with limited mobility to maintain daily activity.
LiveWell Dorset, which is funded by Public Health Dorset and has 30,000 registered users , is using its Facebook community, virtual training workshops and contact centre to support Dorset’s wellbeing.
Campaign resources are also being shared with businesses in Dorset to support employee wellbeing.
Polly Durrant, LiveWell Dorset’s Engagement Co-ordinator, pictured left, said: “We are all trying to find new ways of working and living through these difficult times.
“Taking care of your wellbeing is more important than ever.
“There’s no doubt that the current situation is a real test for everybody.
“We’re receiving great feedback about the Five Ways Challenge.
“Anyone can join and you don’t have to be a LiveWell registered member or even live in Dorset.
“One of our key messages throughout this campaign is let’s shift our focus away from what we can’t do, and on to what we can do.”
Comments received from businesses include:
- “Magicard appreciate how important employee wellbeing is, especially during this period. So when Julia from LiveWell Dorset reached out to us, we just had to support this Five Ways Challenge” – Debbie Clark, HR Manager.
- “LiveWell Dorset and all it represents certainly has a key role to play in all of this and shines a light on the importance of wellbeing more than ever.” – Liz Rodgers, Leadership Development Manager UK Group, Brittany Ferries.
To join the Five Ways Challenge visit livewelldorset.co.uk.
The Five Ways resource pack is available to businesses.
Just connect with Polly, or Julia Calleja, via LinkedIn or email email@example.com.
LiveWell Dorset is developing resources all the time.
It is happy to speak to any of Dorset employers needing help or guidance while their workforce is furloughed, working differently, remotely or in difficult conditions.