Hospitality & Tourism
Published: June 7, 2022 | Updated: June 7, 2022
The clock is ticking…! Deadline looms to enter 2022’s biggest & best tourism awards for BCP
Time is running out to enter the biggest – and best – awards for Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole’s hospitality and tourism sector.
Less than four weeks remain to have a chance of sharing the spotlight in the 2022 Destination Management Board Tourism Awards for BCP.
Closing date for entries in the 18 award categories is midnight on Sunday July 3.
Tim Seward, Lead Delivery of the awards, said: “Don’t delay and apply, or nominate, today.
“This year the awards are back, bigger and better than ever before.
“Planning is in full swing for the semi-finals, on September 13 at Hoburne Christchurch, and then the finals at the Pavilion Ballroom in Bournemouth on November 10.
“I’m pleased to work with Andy Brennan, Creative Director and host for the awards.
“Plans are in hand to bring together a dazzling performance at the gala finals of everything that makes Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole great.”
Andy, pictured, added: “We’re busy behind the scenes, putting together some glittering celebrations for this year’s awards.
“The busy summer season is just around the corner, so the awards will be the perfect afterparty for local businesses.
“The message is: get those applications in before the craziness begins!”
Main sponsor for this year’s awards is Yellow Buses.
The bus company celebrates its 120th anniversary in 2022.
Dorset Biz News is proud to be the official Media Partner for the awards while Hot Radio is the Radio Partner.
The 18 categories are:
- Large Hotel Award, sponsored by Cater-Elite
- Small Hotel Award, sponsored by Star Quality Hospitality
- Self-catering Award (including camping & holiday parks), sponsored by YMS – Youth Mobility Scheme
- Education Award, sponsored by Adventure Wonderland, Bournemouth
- Attraction of the Year Award, sponsored by The Coffee Bean Company
- Responsible, ethical and sustainable Tourism Award, sponsored by Waste Management Facilities
- Retail Experience Award, sponsored by Nativ
- Transport Delivery Award, sponsored by ChargeZone
- Night-time Experience Award, sponsored by Clockwork Marketing
- Eating Out Experience Award, sponsored by Harvest Fine Foods
- Cafe/Tearoom Award, sponsored by City Cruises
- Team of the Year Award, sponsored by Castlepoint
- Transformation & Innovation Award, sponsored by Trethowans
- Industry Support Award, sponsored by BCP Council Tourism
- Event of the Year, sponsored by Captain’s Club Hotel and Spa
- Business Tourism Award, sponsored by Holiday Inn, Bournemouth
- Rising Star Award, sponsored by Your First Aid Safety
- The Tony Williams Young Innovator Award, sponsored by Lynne Williams
The main application form for 15 of the categories can be accessed here.
The remaining three categories – Team of the Year, Rising Star and the Tony Williams Young Innovator Award – have their own separate application/nomination forms on the DMB website here.
There is no limit on the number of award categories you can enter as long as the criteria is met.
Applications should cover the operating period from January 2021 to July 2022.
The minimum operating period is 12 months.
Partners for the Destination Management Board Tourism Awards 2022 are:
- OCD Productions UK
- Southern Entertainment Services
- Paul Collins Photography
- Short 4 Shorts videographer
- Hoburne Park
- BH Live
- Hot Radio (Radio Partner)
- BH1 Gin
- RNLI College
- Bournemouth Balloons/PartyStore4U
- Dorset Biz News (Media Partner)
- Soul Motion
Pictures courtesy of Paul Collins.