Published: January 1, 2020 | Updated: January 9, 2020
The ten most viewed stories since our launch – and it’s Mr Jaguar who roars off in the top slot
We may be only 13 weeks old but there was a clear winner for our most viewed story of 2019.
It was none other than Paul Collins – known to many as ‘Mr Jaguar’ – who roared off into retirement in October after a distinguished 51 years in the motor trade.
At the time Paul, who continues to play a prominent role in the business community including BH Live and Dorset Chamber, described the reaction to our story as “totally overwhelming.”
He added: “There have been calls, messages and texts from all over the country and people have been liking and sharing the article. I’ve never known anything like it.
“People from Jaguar head office have told me they’ve been watching the response and been absolutely amazed by the reaction. I’m just so grateful.”
You can read our story here.
The full ‘top ten’ list of our 2019 most viewed stories in descending order (click on each link to read the original articles) is:
- Dorset business giant known as Mr Jaguar prepares to roar off into retirement.
- Businessman given just weeks to live crowned UK’s Small Business Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Restaurant chain set to expand after triumph at Deliveroo awards.
- Crème de la crème – county’s finest celebrated at the 2019 Dorset Wedding Supplier Awards.
- Celebration of excellence as Dorset’s biggest cultural red carpet event recognises achievers.
- Entrepreneurs on a mission to guide employers and staff through a workplace revolution.
- Eight new recruits join expanding chartered accountancy firm in response to extra work.
- Travel agent reaches out to help cancer charity seeking to raise £600k in battle for survival.
- Family business founded by the inventor of the shrink wrap process completes £80,000 order.
- Six figure restoration turns historic cricket pavilion into stunning business venue.
As of today’s date – December 31 – we have more than 300 business stories on our site.
Many, as with nine of the above, are exclusive to Dorset Biz News and have not appeared anywhere else.
Our New Year resolution? To bring you even more of the stories we know you like to read.
As we say, good old fashioned business journalism but with a very 21st century twist.