Hospitality & Tourism
Published: March 22, 2022 | Updated: March 29, 2022
Tourism awards with the most return bigger and bolder to celebrate sector’s achievements
They’re back – bigger, bolder and even more energy-packed.
The Destination Management Board Tourism Awards 2022 for Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole were officially launched at Poole’s RNLI College.
Award sponsors and partners joined professionals from the BCP hospitality and tourism sector for the high-octane event.
Deviation Dance Family, pictured, opened proceedings with a fast-paced street dance mix.
Fiona Harwood, Marketing & Sales Manager of headline sponsor Yellow Buses, pointed out it was the bus company’s 120th anniversary in 2022.
She added: “I’m born and bred in Bournemouth and very proud of Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
“It’s a fantastic place to live and work so what better way to celebrate all the great work that goes on in our area?”
Craig Mathie, Chair of the Destination Management Board, pictured, said the sector had been thrown into probably the most challenging circumstances it had ever faced during the last two years.
However, it had got through the pandemic by collaborating, working together and communicating.
He said: “Being here today is a success story and we should be incredibly proud of working in, and running, tourism businesses that are still standing today.
“We want as many nominations as we can possibly get to really drive awareness and celebrate the achievements that we’ve had over the last 18 months.”
Dorset Biz News is proud to be the official Media Partner for the awards while Hot Radio, pictured, is the Radio Partner.
The 18 categories are:
- Large Hotel Award, sponsored by Cater-Elite
- Small Hotel Award, sponsored by Star Quality Hospitality
- Self-catering Award (including camping & holiday parks), sponsored by YMS – Youth Mobility Scheme
- Education Award, sponsored by Adventure Wonderland, Bournemouth
- Attraction of the Year Award, sponsored by The Coffee Bean Company
- Responsible, ethical and sustainable Tourism Award, sponsored by Waste Management Facilities
- Retail Experience Award, sponsored by Nativ
- Transport Delivery Award, sponsored by ChargeZone
- Night-time Experience Award, sponsored by Clockwork Marketing
- Eating Out Experience Award, sponsored by Harvest Fine Foods
- Cafe/Tearoom Award, sponsored by City Cruises
- Team of the Year Award, sponsored by Castlepoint
- Transformation & Innovation Award, sponsored by Trethowans
- Industry Support Award, sponsored by BCP Council Tourism
- Event of the Year, sponsored by Captain’s Club Hotel and Spa
- Business Tourism Award, sponsored by Holiday Inn, Bournemouth
- Rising Star Award, sponsored by Your First Aid Safety
- The Tony Williams Young Innovator Award, sponsored by Lynne Williams
The main application form for 15 of the categories can be accessed here.
The remaining three categories – Team of the Year, Rising Star and the Tony Williams Young Innovator Award – have their own separate application/nomination forms on the DMB website here.
Closing date for entries is midnight on Sunday July 3, 2022.
The semi-final will be held on Tuesday September 13 at Hoburne Christchurch and the final is at Bournemouth’s Pavilion Ballroom on Thursday November 10.
The launch event was hosted by local creative director and producer, Andy Brennan, pictured.
He’ll also host the semi-final and finals.
Andy said: “How exciting it is to be celebrating the wonderful achievements of the sector during such a difficult time and in person again.”
Tim Seward, Events Manager for the awards, added: “It is fantastic to have these awards returning and celebrating the best of tourism businesses in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
“I am delighted to be working with some amazing partners and entertainers to bring a fresh and vibrant mix to the events of the awards.
“Each step of these awards will see a different style of entertainment including a completely new format for the semi-final event in September.”
Partners for the Destination Management Board Tourism Awards 2022 are:
- OCD Productions UK
- Southern Entertainment Services
- Paul Collins Photography
- Short 4 Shorts videographer
- Hot Radio (Radio Partner)
- BH1 Gin
- Dorset Biz News (Media Partner)
- Soul Motion
All pictures courtesy of Paul Collins.