Published: October 24, 2021 | Updated: October 24, 2021
What a difference! Kirsti and Tony say “we feel like new” after undergoing £14,000 makeover
Kirsti Davies has to almost pinch herself.
Just six weeks separate the pictures, above, and left.
But her new beaming smile following a full dental reconstruction says it all.
The mother-of-five has rediscovered her confidence after years of feeling self-conscious about her teeth.
She said: “It’s just amazing.
“I feel very happy and like a new woman.”
Kirsti, 49, and business troubleshooter Tony Ford, 48, pictured right before his treatment, were chosen from over 100 applicants for a top to toe makeover.
Worth more than £14,000 each, the package included teeth, skin, nails and nutrition through to personal training and fitness, a new wardrobe of clothes and a professional photoshoot.
The final results were revealed to astonished family, friends and supporters at a ceremony at Canford School.
Tony, pictured, said: “I’ve tended not to smile much in the past because I’ve never been happy with my teeth.
“That’s all changed now.”
The free-to-enter Ten Years Younger contest – first reported on Dorset Biz News – was organised by Dental Concepts to celebrate its new clinic in Canford Cliffs, Poole.
The practice teamed up with leading Dorset businesses to offer a complete transformation package.
Kirsti and Tony had not visited the dentist for around 15 years.
Dr Manish Chitnis, Practice Owner, Dental Concepts, and his team used the latest Digital Smile Design computer technology for the teeth transformation.
Kirsti, pictured with her five daughters last Christmas, underwent around 15 hours of treatment.
It was spread over several days with a full mouth rehabilitation involving upper and lower teeth.
Tony, who has been the President of Poole Chamber of Trade and Commerce since 2016, received about ten hours of work including porcelain veneers.
He said: “Manish and his team have been just amazing.”
Dr Manish, pictured right, said: “It’s a question of self-pride and happiness.
“The difference in Tony and Kirsti from when we first saw them couldn’t be greater.
“They have got their confidence back and feel happier as a result.
“We see this so often in the work we do.”
Apart from the work by Dental Concepts, worth over £6,400 each, the £14,000 makeover package also included::
- Visits to RKB by Dr Rory to use the latest technology to boost skin and complexion, valued at over £5,000.
- For Kirsti a complete wardrobe makeover from the Perfect Dress Company to provide styling tips and advice and a new wardrobe of clothes with up to ten new outfits to complete their new looks, valued at over £1,000.
- House of Heels matching the new outfits to shoes with ten new pairs of shoes valued at over £400.
- For Tony new suits, shirts, trousers, shoes and accessories to the value of £1,000 with Ashes.
- A makeover from Barbara Cox Nutritionist so each winner could feel amazing from the inside out worth £500 per person.
- Personal training and fitness sessions to tone up and feel fitter with 90N20 EMS Training valued at over £700 each.
- Tara Sanger Make Up Artist completing the transformation with makeup tutorial and makeover valued at £350.
- Tiger Lily Nails to ensure each winner’s new look is completed to the tips of their fingers valued at £500. The package included six treatments with natural face firming technology, a luxury manicure and gel polish and a podology pedicure and gel polish.
- Hair, colour and restyle for Kirsti by Stephanie of HNB Salon in Canford Cliffs worth £200 and also complete male grooming package worth over £100 for Tony.
- Finishing off with a professional photoshoot with David Wheeler to ensure both Tony and Kirsti had photos of their experience to look back on worth over £500.
Dr Manish described the final makeovers for Tony and Kristi as “fabulous”.
He added: “Working together with these other professional businesses has been so rewarding.”
Tony’s partner, Sonia, pictured, said: “He really is a changed man.
“It is not just how he looks.
“I can see the difference in his confidence.
“It is quite amazing.”
Founded in 2010, Dental Concepts now has practices in Dorset (Canford Cliffs), Hampshire (Andover, Southampton and Whitchurch) and Mumbai, India.
They are owned by Dr Manish and his wife, Dr Shilpa Chitnis.
Dr Manish said business had increased by between 80 and 100 per cent over the last 18 months.
“It’s a combination of people not going on holidays and choosing to spend their money differently but, also, the emphasis on appearance because of communications like Zoom.
“Skin, teeth and hair are all subject to much closer attention and that has resulted in more business for us,” he said.